There is a school in the Philippines made from recycled plastic bottles. There is a house in Argentina made entirely of recycled plastic bottles. And there is also a house in El Salvador constructed from recycled plastic bottles and caps. It is called “La Casita Encantada,” or “The Enchanted Cottage,” and is the home of 78-year-old Maria Ponce and her 102-year-old companion, Prudencio Amaya.
The house is located near El Transito, El Salvador. Ponce did not have enough money to buy a house. In 2005, she was inspired by a dream she had to build a home out of plastic bottles. The home took three months to build. Ponce and Amaya survive on money made from their corn crop, as well as donations from tourists who visit the cottage.
La Casita Encantada is a great example of how sustainable practices can not only help create a healthier, safer environment, but how they also provide affordable solutions for people in need.
At Heritage Pioneer, we are committed to providing sustainable packaging solutions for businesses. Follow our blog for regular updates and news regarding eco-friendly packaging and efforts worldwide, or contact us today for information on our products and services.
- New Ford Focus Electric Vehicle Uses Recycled Packaging in Seats
- Plastic Packaging Materials Made from Recycled Eggshells
- Livia Firth Wears Recycled Plastic Bottle Dress by Armani for Green Carpet Challenge
- Hotels Go Green and Cut Costs with Recycled Plastic Bottle Materials
- Recyclable Plastic Shirts Made from Plastic Packaging