Planters’ 16- and 20-ounce glass peanuts jars have been replaced with a lighter, more environmentally-friendly option. The new jars are made with 100% recyclable, BPA-free plastic. By significantly reducing the size and weight of the jars, they now require 25% fewer trucks for transportation. Not only does this help cut costs, but it also helps reduce the amount of fuel usage and emissions that have a negative impact on the environment.
The new eco-friendly packaging design is a part of Planters’ sustainable farming campaign, “Naturally Remarkable,” which works to raise awareness on farming practices that are positive for the environment.
While plastic may not be considered a truly sustainable packaging choice, its lightweight design and recyclability make it a better option than the traditional glass peanuts jars.
As a leader in packaging services, equipment and products, Pioneer Packaging is always excited to learn how companies worldwide are finding new ways to reduce costs as well as their carbon footprint with innovative packaging solutions. For more information on Pioneer’s packaging solutions, equipment, products and services, contact us today! Follow @pioneerpkg on Twitter for packaging news and updates.
- U.K. Toilet Paper Made from Bamboo; Packaging 100% Recyclable
- Recyclable Plastic Shirts Made from Plastic Packaging
- Plastic Packaging Materials Made from Recycled Eggshells
- Testing Recyclable Alternatives for Wax-coated Corrugated Packaging
- Packaging for Subway Salads Now Made from Post-consumer Recycled Materials